Released 3 February 2008.
For full details of minor fixes/tweaks see the Tinderbox release notes TBX file. This file is both part of the installation disk image and is accessible from the Help menu in v4+.
Minor fixes/tweaks of note to existing users (and not covered by the notes below:
This version is cited in the following notes:
- Sorting - improved where list includes both aliases and originals.
- Better list formatting in text view - more responsive in spotting transition into/out of lists.
- Nesting of exported style tags for formatted text.
- Clicking the title bar (when visible) in a text window lets you edit the note title. Cancelling this operation now leaves the title unchanged (this was broken from version ??).
- The progress window that appears while loading looks better when note names exceed one line.
- Tinderbox no longer tries to limit you to choosing text files when selecting a default export template. Checking for text files caused problems for some users and offers relatively little benefit.
- Separators appear in outline view, but not in map view. In previous versions, though the separator notes were not visible in map view, they could sometimes be selected, and they could sometimes be drop targets. This should no longer be the case.
- Treemap now chooses more appropriate font sizes on screen, and also when printing (where it chose illegibly-small fonts).
- Text pasted from TextMate sometimes is pasted as utf16 even though it is stored as a TEXT resource. This rendered the saved file unreadable. Tinderbox now watches for this situation while saving and converts the utf16 to the utf8 unicode encoding that Tinderbox expects.
[Last updated: 3 Dec 2008]
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License
[See aTbRef CC licence Attribution/Waiver info info]