This dialog allows the initial settings for a new note to be made.
- Name. The Name attribute of the note; the title string used as the note's label in views.
- Color. The color of the agent in views. Choose from any predefined color in the pop-up list; after creation the color can be set to any definable value via the Color attribute or the note's Info dialog. The value selected/set becomes the note's Color attribute.
- Separator. Tick to make this note a Separator in Outline views. (New to v3.5.0)
- Can be a template. Tick to enable this note to be used as an export template. Sets IsTemplate. New to v4.2.0)
- Prototype. The prototype note on which to base the note's initial attributes. New notes inherit the prototype setting of the last created note or my be set via a parent's OnAdd attribute, etc.
- Can be prototype. (default - not ticked). If ticked this note can be used as a prototype and will subsequently appear in the Prototype list (above) in Note Creation and Rename dialogs.
- KeyAttributes. Allows one or more attributes to be set to display in the note. Desired attributes are set by clicking them in the pop-up list. Attributes already selected display a bullet before the attribute name in the pop-up list. The setting created are stored in the KeyAttributes attribute. From v2.5.0, User attributes are listed first, at the top if the list. From v4.2.5 clicking selected items removes them from KeyAttributes; this version also stops KeyAttribute assignments via this dialog resulting in an extra empty attribute line showing in note windows.
- Display Expression. Sets the optional DisplayExpression action that can alter the note's Name when shown in views. (New to v4.1.0).
- OnAdd Action. Action code to perform on any new notes created in or moved to the note's - i.e. it affects any children of the note (but not the note itself). This code is applied every time agents are updated. The code is stored in the OnAdd attribute. From v2.5.0 the label was retitled OnAdd action for greater clarity.
- Rule. Action code to perform on the agent itself (and only the agent). This code is applied every time agents are updated. The code is stored in the Rule attribute.
- Sort by / Reverse. Optionally sets a sort order on any attribute value, with the sub-option of reversing that order. Values are persisted in the agent's Sort and SortBackward attributes.
- 'and by' / Reverse. Optionally sets a secondary sort order, with the sub-option of reversing that order. Values are persisted in the agent's SortAlso and SortBackwardAlso attributes.
Until v2.5.0 if a new note had no prototype but either/both a Rule or Action the latter weren't set - this is fixed as of v2.5.0 .
From v4.0.1, the OK button will be greyed out if a Rule or Action cannot be parsed. The unparseable code will remain highlighted to facilitate corrections.
[Last updated: 3 Dec 2008]
Licensed under Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License
[See aTbRef CC licence Attribution/Waiver info info]