In hyperbolic view a number of controls are shown at the top of the view:
- Refresh (from v9.6.0): tell the view to restart the force directed layout.
Spacing (pre v9.6.0): controls the distance ( in hyperbolic space ) between notes, and simultaneously adjusts (again, in hyperbolic space) the size of each note. So, increasing the spacing makes notes farther apart and bigger. Replaced by the Refresh button (see above).
- link type: drag to reorder (from v9.6.0): a list of all link types in use in the document. Each individual can be selected both/either for whether it is used to build the main view tree, and/or whether it is presented as a crosslink. Dragging a link type higher in the list increases its priority; high-priority links will be included in the spanning tree in preference to lower-priority links.
Highlight (pre v9.6.0): emboldens a selected path. Replaced by the link type panel (see above).
- Aspect Ratio: changes the ratio between the height and width of the notes. Again, this is in hyperbolic geometry; notes not near the centre are not rectangles.
- > disclosure control (v9.6.0+): this allows vertical expansion of the control panel, making more of the link type list visible.
Cross Links (pre v9.6.0); Unticked (default) turns off cross links, which frequently obscure complex documents.This is omitted as the link-type table (above) offers control of the view's tree and cross-link construction at per-link-type granularity.
- Scale: At small scale (fully to the left), the entire with of the hyperbolic disc is shown. If the view is wider than it is high, the regions near the north and south poles will be offscreen. At larger scale, more of the edges are moved offscreen, so you see only near the centre of the view. Pinch-zoom adjusts scale, too, as does "smart magnify" (two-finger double-tap).
Spread (pre v9.6.0): Determines the angle between child nodes. Replaced as part of new force-directed layout method.