Attributes are the building blocks of a Tinderbox note. This section contains listings of Tinderbox's system attributes in 3 different forms:
- System Attribute List. A full list of all the predefined attributes in a Tinderbox file. There are 413 system attributes.
- Attribute Data Types. Descriptions of the different attribute Data Types (now stored outside this section).
- Attribute Groups. Descriptions of the various Groups of attributes, as seen in the Attributes dialog's System pane.
- Attributes described by purpose.
Also in this section:
- Editing attribute values.
- Attribute naming guidelines.
- Determining the data type of an attribute
- Use of the $ prefix for attribute references
Remember that the attribute value actually used at note level is subject to inheritance. As well as setting a new value to an attribute Tinderbox offers ways to:
- Set/reset an attribute's default.
- Use attributes as global variables/constants.
- Set no value for an attribute and re-enable inheritance.
- Rename an attribute.
Links to child articles: