There are many ways to set prototypes, many using the prototype pop-up menu:
- Outline view. Right click icon of selected item(s), select from pop-up menu
- Map view. Right click prototype tab of selected item(s), select from pop-up menu.
- Text window. Edit the $Prototype attribute displayed as a key attribute.
- Properties Inspector, Prototype sub-tab. A tick-box is available to set prototype status.
- Properties Inspector, Quickstamp sub-tab. Select one or more items. Select 'General' group (left), 'Prototype' attribute (right) and type the name of the desired pop-up.
- Get Info dialog, attributes tab. Edit the $Prototype attribute.
- Action code, via Stamps, or OnAdd/AgentAction, Rule, Edict, etc. Set the prototype directly in code, e.g.