Released 26 Feb 2020. Beta number is 437.
- Crosstabs view:
- After using the menu bar to change a tab to crosstabs, selecting a crosstabs cell reverted the type of the tab to its previous setting.
- The agent query formed by the crosstabs action menu was improperly formed for string attributes, if the attribute's values contained multiple words or if unlimited bins were selected.
- Get Info:
- Get Info ▸ Words results were skewed because the indexer was including values of attributes other than user attributes.
- Hyperbolic view:
- The menu choices for View ▸ Hyperbolic and for Hyperbolic in the tab contextual menu are now validated to ensure that the selection is not empty and has at least one non-prototype link.
- The tab title for a hyperbolic view is no longer empty if the hyperbolic view lacks a focus.
- Map view:
- Autoscroll in map views has been revamped, and should now be much nicer—especially on fast machines.
- When a note is dragged out of the view pane and then is dropped back into the map, Tinderbox no longer makes a new copy of the note. Instead, Tinderbox moves the dragged note to a new map position.
- The map pane now autoscrolls when dragging a link outside, but near, the map pane. Autoscrolling is not performed when the mouse is near a parking place.
- If the user's OS medium date format began with the day of the week in English, then Tinderbox recognised the day of the week before trying the system parser. Now, the day of the week is processed specially only if the system parser fails.
- Outline view:
- When a note is dragged out of the view pane and then dropped back into the outline, Tinderbox no longer makes a new copy of the note. Instead, Tinderbox moves the note to a new place in the outline if possible. If the dragged note is dropped on one of its own descendants, the drag is cancelled and the document is unchanged.
- Dragging a note out of an outline pane could leave a visual artefact.
- Roadmap view:
- Took steps to avoid a crash when updating the roadmap view after deleting a link.
- Text view:
- In key attribute tables, date values are again updated as soon as they are edited. The method previously used proved incompatible with Catalina.
See 8.5.1 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.
This version is cited in the following notes: