Released 28 Dec 2019. Beta number is 421.
The following fixes, that are not otherwise noted in aTbRef, are taken from Tinderbox's release notes (in some cases with a pertinent issue number in parentheses):
- Action Code:
- The numeric function rand() failed to assert that it returns a numeric value, leading to incorrect behaviour in complex expressions.
- Hyperbolic view:
- Hyperbolic view no longer offers a non-functional Find panel.
- Reordering stamps in the Stamps pane of the document inspector threw an exception in Catalina because it failed to clear the pasteboard. This eliminates, for now, dragging stamps to the desktop or to Finder windows.
- Map view:
- Mouse-wheel/pinch zooming is somewhat smoother in map view.
- When creating notes by dragging a link to the map background, if the name of the note has been edited and is neither "untitled" nor an empty string, then [Return] no longer needs to be pressed to create the link and new note.
- Fixed a rare crash during shutdown if a queue Tinderbox requires no longer exists.
- Selecting a new note during an open editing session could crash Catalina with a warning about NSTableView reentrancy.
- Addressed a crash when switching tabs, arising because Tinderbox was trying to animate a transition even though it explicitly requested no animation.
- Addressed a crash during shutdown that could arise if the agent queue was deleted while an agent was evaluating its query.
- Re-addressed a crash when switch tabs, caused by animating the presentation of notes after the view had switch to a different view.
- Fixed a rare crash when expanding or collapsing a note, because Tinderbox was using the view’s LayoutInfo after updateGeometry had an opportunity to scavenge it.
- Cleaned up code in Roadmap.
- Fixed a potential crash when deleting links in the text pane when they are displayed in the map view.
- runCommand applied as a stamp would only run on a single note, even if several notes were selected, because an asynchronous block failed to capture the action.
- Fixed a crash when deleting links via the link delete widget in map view, caused by an asynchronous update to the link view.
- Tinderbox could sometimes refuse to create a new text link in a note that possessed "smart links" such as URLs embedded in the text.
- When selecting text links in the Browse Links dialog, Tinderbox could fail to highlight the source of the link in the text pane and could fail to update the link properties if several windows were open. Other windows, attempting to highlight the selected link, could throw an exception if the text span to be highlighted did not exist.
- Outline view:
- When adding a new item, if the name occupies two or more lines, Tinderbox now extends the space for the new item immediately rather than waiting for the next layout update. This is tricky, because the element growth is animated and the app can’t expand the components of the view until the animation is complete.
- Text view:
- In the Key Attributes Table, ⌘⌥-down-arrow now selects the next note, and ⌘⌥-up-arrow now selects the previous note, just as they do from within the $Text area.
See 8.2.2 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.
This version is cited in the following notes: