Released 9 Jun 2017. Beta number is 263.
This release also includes a number of minor error fixes and under-the-hood improvements for overall performance/stability.
- Action code:
- In the usual form for exportedString(), the second argument specifies a template note:
$MyString=exportedString(this,"/myTemplate"). The second argument may also supply the template inline:
$MyString=exportedString(this,$MyTemplateString). The alternate form returned an empty string; it now functions as expected. (2040)
- Edicts now post a notification of use of the Tinderbox Inspector’s Agents & Rules pane, just as rules do.
- Attribute Browser view:
- URL buttons on attribute browser columns failed to open the appropriate URL. (2076)
- Avoid a crash when Tinderbox begins an animation to present a Hover panel, but the window is closed before the hover panel appears. Closing a window now immediately cancels the pending Hover. (2057)
- Avoid opening a new tab when processing a tinderbox:// URL that selects a note descended from, but not an immediate child of, the parent of an existing outline, treemap, or chart tab. (2056)
- The agent and edict queues now have more informative names; this may help with debugging an apparent problem where two different agent queues apparently step on each others’ toes.
- Avoid a reported crash when validating the browseLinks: menu item in treemap view.
- When activated, Tinderbox reset the text cursor to the start of the selected note if the previous selection was at the end of the note. It now leaves the cursor at the end of the note.
- In the Action Inspector, the sample queries concluded with semi-colons. Now corrected.
- Map view:
Clicking on a composite’s rename widget failed if the widget happened to be on an adornment; instead, the adornment received the click. Now, the small widget receives the click instead of the large adornment. (2026)
- Links from a prototype to another note used an eccentric routing because Tinderbox expected the many outbound prototype links to be visible, and all these links happened to have higher link priority than the one visible link. Routing now ignores web links and prototype links. (2046)
- Improved scaling of xy plots so that the point at the right edge of the graph can be drawn fully. Previously, half of the dot was outside the clip area.
- Changing the parent of a map view moved all adornments descended from the new parent into that map view. An improvement to the code, in this case, failed to improve the code.
- Text panes:
- The text pane can again be fully collapsed. At narrow widths, the text shader message is no longer drawn as an unsightly jumble; instead, it begins to fade at 100px and fades fully at 90px.
- When the text pane is very narrow, Tinderbox no longer hides the text pane, nor does it try to format the text in the available space. Instead, Tinderbox formats the text with a reasonable line length and shows the left edge. (2033)
- When multiple notes are selected, the separator between each notes is now annotated with the following note’s DisplayName.
- The HTML Export progress bar now updates correctly on the main thread, and has the appropriate height. (2021)
See 7.1.0 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.
This version is cited in the following notes: