System Attributes tell the System how to display, handle and export Notes and links. System Attributes are defined for every note, agent and adornment (though in the latter two cases not all attributes are used/applied).
- Pre-v3.6.0. There is an implied "Text" attribute that represents a note's text. However, it's use is limited and it should not be regarded as a full attribute; you can read and search Text but not set it, for instance you can't use an OnAdd Action to set a new child's default text (note prototypes can set default text). By comparison, a note's title is accessible via the "Name" attribute.
- v3.6.0. The Text attribute is exposed to Tinderbox actions.
The attributes are broken into several groups and when listed in KeyAttributes or the Note Info window, attributes are listed alphabetically within the groups. The groups are as follow, and are shown in the order they are listed in the UI: (jump to Export Code Listing)
- System Attributes:
- Agent. Information pertaining to agents.
- General. Generic information about notes - many of these attributes are calculated read-only values.
- HTML. Settings relating to HTML export.
- Map. Information relating to visual display of notes, agents and adornments in Map view (and other Views).
- Net. For data derived from the Net, e.g. RSS, etc.
- People. For data about people and their contact info.
- Sorting. Flags for sorting container content.
- Text. Text export settings and general text-related data.
- TextFormat. Information pertaining to visual display of a note's data in Note windows.
- Weblog. Data for configuring Weblog export.
- User (created) Attributes. Any attributes created by the user - none are created by default. These user attributes are limited to the current document and can't be transferred except by copying the document or using an OS Stationary document.
This is a list of all System attributes:
[Last updated: 3 Dec 2008]
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License
[See aTbRef CC licence Attribution/Waiver info info]