Released 11 Feb 2021. Beta number is 496.
- Action Code:
- Corrected the behaviour of .replace(), which could recursively replace regular expression patterns if more than one instance of a pattern were found.
- This update seeks to address a cryptic issue, frequently observed by Mark Anderson and intermittently reported by others, in which a stray item view appears — unselectable and undeletable — in the view pane after changing an agent's query. This update removes an asynchronous step which might sometimes delay the relevant book-keeping until after Tinderbox finalised the agent state. Internally, this update involves a significant refactoring of agents.
- Revised AgentState::QueryHasChanged, which deletes an agent's aliases in preparation for regenerating them. Deletions were performed asynchronously on the main thread, which meant they could be delayed. In the worst case, this might cause some havoc at quit time as a pending deletion task might remain in the event queue as we disassemble our hypertext. We now perform the deletion on the AgentState's deletion queue, which lets us wait at quit to ensure pending operations complete in proper sequence.
- AgentState::DeleteNode, which is called on the agent thread, now hide the note on the main thread. The addresses a Michael Becker crash.
- Additional fixes to agent updates to ensure that view additions and deletions occur on the main thread.
- Improve efficiency of initial note placement inside agents when CleanupMethod is "none".
- Modestly increased the quality-of-service requested for the agent queue in order to avoid starving it of resources on busy machines.
- $Path is now marked as an intrinsic attributes. Since $Path is a read-only, computed attribute, it is inherently intrinsic, but marking it as intrinsic is likely a good idea.
- Corrected a potential crash when importing watched notes, because the asynchronous ziplink expander failed to capture the target note.
- $Path is now marked as intrinsic in the Inspector's System attributes tab. Since $Path is a read-only, computed attribute, it is inherently intrinsic, but marking it as intrinsic is likely a good idea.
- Map view:
- Modified Content::HasText to be much faster, and revised TextScribe::Draw to speed up the common cases in which there’s no text to draw or not enough room to draw it.
- Geographic adornments are working once again.
- Addressed a possible startup crash in TbxCrosstabsDelegate in Big Sur.
- Addressed a crash after deleting a note when updating the lists of links and suggested links.
- Addressed a crash where the TbxZiplinkRenamer could accept new work while the document was being closed.
- Quitting while Tinderbox was updating a watch folder could crash because Tinderbox sometimes deferred ziplink expansion and then restarted work while the document was being deleted.
- When creating links, the rubber-band line is again drawn across all panes, not only the view pane.
See 8.9.2 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.
This version is cited in the following notes: