Tinderbox supports Sonny Software's Bookends reference and citation manager.
To drag a reference into Tinderbox, use Cmd+Opt+drag from the Bookmark window into a Tinderbox view or a Tinderbox text window. N.B. Bookends requires the Cmd+Opt keys to be depressed before clicking on the item to drag; otherwise, the import to Tinderbox does not occur correctly.
From v7.2.0, RIS reference import (and option-drags from Bookends) extract the reference’s abstract, if present, and place it in text of the imported note. From v7.2.2, the abstract is placed in $Abstract.
Using Bookends v11.2.9+
Use a Cmd+Opt+Drag, ensuring the Cmd+Opt are depressed before the drag starts (otherwise different data is loaded). The modified drag will result in:
- creating a new note
- setting the note's $URL to a Bookends reference URI
- set the $Text of the note to formatted Bookends reference - the format will depend on the user's settings in Bookends.
- WARNING: this will replace any existing $Text in the note.
- apply the 'Reference' built-in Prototype (adding the latter to the TBX if necessary). Note this process is linked to the Network feature, so multiple newly added reference notes my appear to set their prototype one at a time - i.e. there may be a short delay before all new notes are prototyped correctly.
- set a variety of reference-related attributes to Bookends-derived values (mainly attributes from the References group).
v7.0.2 adds support for dragging multiple items.