Released 31 Mar 2017. Beta number is 255.
The following fixes, that are not otherwise noted in aTbRef, are taken from Tinderbox's release notes (in some cases with a pertinent issue number in parentheses):
- HTML Export:
- $HTMLLinkExtension now works. Some users use a post-processor like Jekyll to process their Tinderbox files after export, and want to link to the processed and modified files that will be created after export rather than to the exported files. When constructing text links, $HTMLLinkExtension specifies the extension to be used for link, and replaces $HTMLExportExtension. For example, exported files might have $HTMLExportExtension of .md; these files would be processed to create .html files and contain links to the .html files that will be uploaded to the Web server.
- In the HTML Inspector, the export folder button is correctly labeled even if no note is selected.
- The Appearance and Tinderbox Inspector panes again run the full width of the window. (1989)
- Closing an inspector no longer prevents undoing prior inspector actions. (1993)
- Corrected the layout of the plot pane of the Appearance Inspector (2002)
- Adjusted the layout of the Interior pane of the Appearance inspector so the “large badge” checkbox is correctly placed.
- Guarded against a possible deadlock when building the value list for Quickstamp, when Tinderbox is sorting on an attribute we are inspecting with Quickstamp (2012).
- Outline view:
- In outline view, copying a container and then pasting failed to assign prototypes to the pasted descendants of the container, while in map view the prototypes were assigned correctly. All views now handle prototypes correctly. (1995)
- Moving a note in outline view could lead Tinderbox to change its map position if the note lay atop an adornment. (1994)
- The indent and outdent animations in outline view are somewhat snappier (1988)
- Map view:
- At very low magnification in Map view, the link widget could be difficult or impossible to click because Tinderbox dispatched its clicks to the outbound link stub handler, which should lie beneath the link widget. (1996)
- Maps use a new layer policy because very large maps require a huge backing layer when viewed at high magnification. (2005)
- Notes lying atop sticky adornments could shift position slightly after the adornment was dragged if the scale was zoomed out. The Adornment Spacing kibbitzers incorrectly tried to snap an adornment to be positioned inside its own boundary. (2010)
- Move To Front and Send To Back no longer reposition adornments that overlap other items. (2020)
- Text Panes:
- When a note’s $ReadOnly is true, its text pane is not editable. (1984)
- Notes dropped into other notes are now placed more reliably in the new container’s viewport.
- After creating a new web link, the text pane no longer scrolls to the top. (2014)
- The HTML pane now opens at the start, rather than the end, of the HTML. (2009)
- Activating Tinderbox - on Tinderbox’s losing/regaining focus, the text pane no longer re-scrolls to the top. (2013)
- $ViewInBrowser failed when invoked by selecting a note. Sigh. Too many levels of indirection.
- When browsing files in the key attributes table, you can now select folders as well as files. (1999)
- Menu: Note ▸ Create Composites submenu was not being updated correctly.
- Menu: Edit ▸ Copy View As Image now draws links that lie outside the current viewport. (2006)
- Corrected a typo in “What’s New?” window.
- Changing the view type could deselect some selected notes. (2001)
- The “General” tab in Document Settings was inadvertently disabled. (2018)
- Sierra tabs are enabled again.
See 7.0.2 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.
This version is cited in the following notes: