In additions to the techniques suggested for Action code debugging, consider:
- Using ^action^ to record template-only calculations back into user attributes for later inspection - useful with complex exports.
- Using the text pane's HTML and Preview tabs to check export.
- Full HTML export looks at whether source attributes have changed, thus changes in templates code are not 'seen' and the process can become obfuscated in complex include exports. The Export Selected Note option (File menu) can 'force' export a note, though note the offered filename may not be that used in full export. If exporting over a previous full export, select the old filename in the export location dialog so the name is re-used and the new file overwrites the old one.
- The effects of $HTMLDontExport and $HTMLExportChildren on the use of ^include^. The later can't return data from a note set to not export.
- For $Text export using ^text^ remember the effects of $HTMLMarkupText and $HTMLQuoteHTML.
- The slightly different effects of ^title^ vs. ^value($Name)^ and ^text^ vs. ^value($Text)^.
- ^text(plain)^ exports ASCII and ^value($Text)^ exports UTF-8. Non low-ASCII characters in ^text(plain)^ will export as UTF-8 codes rather than the intended character. This is not normally the intention in a plain text context.