Settings controlling the look or behaviour can be set at various levels. Consider something controlled at note level via an attribute. Working back up the inheritance chain, this is how the value may be derived, if not explicitly set at a given level. The lowest level (and the higher in the list below) at which a value is set dictates the value used at note level:
- within the TBX
- Attribute value for this note
- (Attribute) value inherited from a prototype
- (Attribute) value inherited from a doc-level user-set default.
- Value from document Preferences (i.e. this TBX only)
- at the TBX creation
- Value from Tinderbox Preferences
The latter can be also be modified by the user editing configuration files, or at the extreme by modifying the app package's configuration files though this isn't suggested!