The term 'group' is not a Tinderbox definition but is useful in the context of discussing action code and documenting action code usage.
A group is a list of Tinderbox note items (qv). A group can be referenced as:
- A list of note titles ($Name).
- A list of paths.
- A group-scope note designator, e.g. 'all' or 'children'.
- A query function, e.g. find(), collect(), collect_if(), links(). The query must resolve to a list of one or more note item.
- An expression - i.e. action code that evaluates as any of the above.
- A string attribute value that is an expression or a literal title/path.
- A discrete value in a list attribute that is an expression or a literal title/path.
Finer detail of how the above are coded/defined is discussed in the article on items.