In map views, large notes display (a portion of) the note's body copy text ($Text) as well as the title. The note's text only appears if:
- The note has some text.
- The note icon is sufficiently large more than the title and (option subtitle).
- For containers, including agents, the title height ($TitleHeight) area is sufficiently large.
- The note is not an adornment or picture adornment. Adornments don't have text. More strictly, they do have $Text but even if it has a value it can't be displayed like note text.
- The note doesn't use a shape for display.
- The note has no $TableHeading or $TableExpression set. See below re table expressions.
- $MapBodyTextSize is not set to '1', so as to suppress table/text display.
- From v5.0.2, notes with no title will display body text if present; previously body text display was suppressed in such notes.
Do note that the text that is displayed is not styled; think of it as a $Text 'preview'. Also, any embedded images within the text are not displayed.
From v5.0.2, setting $MapBodyTextSize to a value of
1 will suppress text display even if there is body text.
Once a map note displays body copy its title is no longer vertically centered; there is no setting to override the latter.
$TableExpression vs. $Text
A table expression is drawn in the same part of the map icon used to display a note's $Text, therefore both cannot be shown in the same map icon. If $TableExpression or $TableHeading are set, $Text will not be displayed. More on container table displays.