See the manual (Publishing notes) for the full detail but The Tinderbox Software Licence Agreement is as follows.
Eastgate Systems, Inc., grants you a non-exclusive license to use this copy of the program on the following terms:
- YOU MAY:
- I) Use the program on any one computer;
- II) Install the program on a second computer you use provided all copies of the program are used directly and exclusively by yourself.
- II) allow anyone else to use the program, so long as there is never more than one user per licensed program at any time;
- III) make copies of the program in machine-readable form, but only for archival purposes, and only so long as all proprietary notices are reproduced on each copy.
- YOU MAY NOT:
- I) Modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works based upon, or copy (save for archival purposes) the program or the accompanying documentation;
- II) rent, transfer or grant any rights in the program or accompanying documentation in any form to anyone else without the prior written consent of Eastgate Systems, Inc.;
- III) remove any proprietary notices, labels, or marks on the program and accompanying documentation;
- IV) use this program, or permit this program to be used, on more than one computer at any one time.
Non-compliance with any of the above restrictions will terminate this license.
This license is not a sale. Title and copyrights to the program and accompanying documentation and any copy remain with Eastgate Systems, Inc.
- You and up to four (4) other persons who occupy the same household may use the program on their respective computers. "Household" means a person or persons who share the same home, apartment, condominium or dormitory suite, but shall also extend to student household members who are primary residents of the household but who reside at a separate on-campus location.