The following abbreviations are used in this section:
- Cmd. The Command or 'Apple' key located either side of the space bar. In menus this is indicated by the 4-looped symbol shown on the keyboard key.
- Opt. The Option or Alt key located to the left of the left-hand Command key. In menus this is indicated by the stepped line symbol shown on the 'alt' keyboard key.
- Ctrl. The Control key, located to the left of the Option key. In menus this is indicated by the circumflex symbol (^). Note, this symbol is not always shown on the keyboard's 'ctrl' key.
Other keys shown by symbol rather than name are:
- Shift key (large up-arrow).
- Enter key (line over circumflex symbol). This key is found to the right of the right-hand Command key and should not be confused with the Return key.
- Return key (horizontal u-shaped arrow). This key is the double height key to the right of the top two rows of letter keys and is commonly called the 'Enter' key.
- Arrow keys. Up/down/left/right.
The format for describing shortcuts is [key1]+[key2]+[etc...]. Where letter keys are cited they are shown as capitals as in the menus but it is not necessary to use the (Shifted) uppercase letter, the lowercase suffices.
[Last updated: 1 Dec 2008]
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License
[See aTbRef CC licence Attribution/Waiver info info]